1. Basic idea
The non-profit organization Karuizawa Advanced Science Center (hereinafter referred to as “KAAC”) recognizes that personal information should be handled properly under the principle of respecting the personality of the individual, and can learn through various activities. In order to properly manage and operate such personal information, please refer to the relevant laws, guidelines, and this policy regarding the protection of personal information, including the “Law Concerning Protection of Personal Information” (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information Protection Law”). I will comply.
2. Range of personal information
ersonal information that KAAC should protect refers to information that can identify the individual. KAAC may collect personal information such as address, name, date of birth, work place, telephone number, and email address only for the purpose of contributing to the activities of this organization.
3. Purpose of acquisition and use of personal information
When acquiring personal information, KAAC will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and will acquire personal information from the person himself or herself by appropriate means including verbal, written, email, electromagnetic input such as input on the web screen. ..
When KAAC acquires personal information, it will be acquired for the purpose of carrying out the following tasks, unless otherwise specified, and the personal information will be used within the scope necessary for that purpose. If the purpose of use is clear from the circumstances at the time of providing personal information, the purpose of use may be omitted.
(1) Promote activities and research to achieve the purpose stated in the Articles of Incorporation based on the purpose of establishing KAAC.
(2) Make KAAC’s business plans, various decision items such as activity policies, various activities and research contents known to related parties, and prepare and send report materials.
(3) Requesting and requesting donations or membership fees to KAAC and issuing/sending receipts/thanks letters etc.
(4) Operate events, etc. that are sponsored by KAAC and are involved in sponsorship, etc., and create and send invitations.
(5) Creating statistical data related to KAAC
(6) Other duties necessary to smoothly advance KAAC’s duties and activities
4. Disclosure and provision of personal information to third parties
KAAC will not disclose or provide personal information held to third parties except in the following cases.
(1) With the consent of the person
(2) When required by law
(3) When considered necessary for the benefit of the individual or the public as defined by the Personal Information Protection Law
(4) When providing necessary information to financial institutions for payment of membership fees and donations
(5) When outsourcing the delivery of report materials and invitations to events, etc. However, in this case, KAAC will properly supervise the contractor after carefully selecting it.
(6) When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
(7) In addition, in case of the purpose of use specified at the time of acquisition of personal information
5. Security management measures for personal information
KAAC appoints a management representative and takes necessary and appropriate measures in order to prevent unauthorized access to personal information in possession, loss, falsification, leakage or damage of personal information and to ensure the safety of other personal information. In addition, KAAC will provide staff with guidance and enlightenment on how to protect and appropriately manage personal information, and ensure that personal information is properly handled in daily operations.
6. Consignment of handling personal information
KAAC may entrust all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. When providing the personal information to the subcontractor, select the appropriate subcontractor according to the purpose of the subcontracting and perform necessary and appropriate supervision to the subcontractor so that safety management is achieved, such as concluding a consignment contract. I will.
7. Security management measures for personal information
When KAAC receives a request from the person to disclose/correct/add/delete personal information, suspends use, etc., or has any other inquiries regarding personal information, if there is a reason prescribed in the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations. Except for the above, we will take appropriate action after confirming that you are the person.
8. Amendment of this policy
KAAC will comply with various laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, and will review and improve this policy as necessary.
9. Contact point for inquiries
KAAC will endeavor to respond appropriately and promptly to complaints and consultations regarding the handling of personal information.
For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, please contact us from the inquiry form on this website.